Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dijon and Apricot Roast Beef Sandwiches

When I was in the middle of party planing a few weeks ago I was looking for a preggo friendly finger sandwich to go along with our nursery rhyme theme. I had it in my head that I wanted to use "this little piggy had roast beef" as a food tag line so I decided a hot roast beef sandwich would be just the thing to try. As you know, I am a huge fan of Amber's Ham Biscuits so I wanted to mimic that sweet and savory flavor profile with a little twist.

The result was the most delicious hot roast beef sandwiches I have ever made. Granted, I rarely purchase roast beef so this was no big accomplishment, but they really were amazing. If you are looking for a fun finger food to serve at your next party I would definitely recommend giving these babies a try!

1 lb roast beef (I love the Boar's Head brand)
1/2 lb thinly sliced Havarti cheese
1 large (or two regular) packages of Kings Hawaiian Rolls
2/3 C Apricot jam
1/2 C chopped walnuts
1/2 C dijonaise (half and half mixture of dijon mustard and mayo)
1/4 C finely chopped shallots


Preheat the oven to 325. Mix the jam and nuts together in a small bowl and the dijonaise and shallots in another bowl. Slice the rolls in half and spread the jam mixture on one half of the roll and the dijonaise mixture on the other. Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread and a couple of layers of roast beef in the middle. Reassemble the sandwiches and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the rolls are golden brown on the top.
These sandwiches can be assembled up to a day ahead of time and then thrown in the oven right before serving which is awesome because I am always a mess the morning of an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment