Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Banana Bread Cookies

The baking problem continues and so I have something to post.


I have gotten to the point where I MUST HAVE cookies daily. Im not talking about an oreo either. I want the real deal. Bakery style, homemade, decadent in some way that cant be good for my health. Thankfully I have found these banana bread cookies which make me feel a bit better about my eating habits because they contain oats, bananas and whole wheat flour which makes me feel as if I am eating something that could at least be claimed is healthy when its really just a butter and chocolate delivery device.

They are, by the way, delicious. Martha deserves an award for these. So give them a try.

1 C all purpose flour
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large mashed banana ( I freeze my bananas when they start going brown so I used a frozen one that I defrosted and it worked fine)
1 C rolled oats
1 1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C of chopped nuts (I used pecans but original recipe called for walnuts)

Preheat oven to 375
Whisk together flours, salt and baking soda in a small bowl. In another bowl (I used my stand mixer) mix together sugars and butter until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until combined. Mix in banana and flour mixture until it is combined and then add oats, chocolate chips and nuts.

Drop cookies out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment