Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Amber's Ham Biscuits



Nothing says Christmas like a little ham in my life. Being a VA girl I feel it is in my blood to celebrate the Christmas season with some good ol VA ham biscuits. I know these are not the classic VA salty ham biscuit but they are delicious and a great party food to serve up to your family and friends over the holidays. You can prep them in advance and then pop them in the oven as you run through them at your events. I am sad to say that I burned mine a bit today (a bit of a hostess malfunction) but my guests didn’t seem to mind so that goes to show you just how delicious they truly are.

These biscuits are the perfect addition to any of your holiday parties from a brunch buffet to late night appetizers before watching the ball drop. My only suggestion is that you make plenty because these babies go fast!


Amber’s Ham Biscuits
1 Onion, chopped
½ C butter, melted
2 tbs Dijon mustard
2 tbs Worchestershire sauce
2 tbs poppy seeds
24 party rolls (I use the kings Hawaiian because they are THE BEST)
1 lb ham shaved thin
20 slices of swiss cheese, thinly sliced

Heat the oven to 400. To make your sandwich spread you will sauté onion in butter until tender but not brown. Add mustard, worchestershire sauce and poppy seeds to the onion mixture being sure to mix well. Place spread in the refrigerator to cool. Slice the rolls in half and smear the cooled spread on to each piece of the roll. Top the spread with a slice of cheese and then ham. Since the Kings rolls come in a sheet I slice the entire top half of the sheet of rolls away from the bottom at once. I follow the entire process as if I am making one large sandwich and then fold it back together. Heat the biscuits at 400 for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the rolls are slightly brown. Once the sandwiches are heated I slice them along the edges with a bread knife which quickly cuts them into perfect bite sized pieces! Be sure to serve these warm, they are by far the best when the cheese is gooey and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment