Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Shamrock Cinnamon Buns

I fully realize that we are well past St. Patrick's Day here but I am going to claim pregnancy brain. I never got around to posting this super fun and easy luck o' the Irish treat that I took over to a friend's house for brunch mainly because I can't seem to remember to write posts these days. I have finally started cooking on a regular basis again but I can't seem to get my act together to remember to photograph and post... probably because I usually inhale the food before it even hits the plate.

Anyway. I know this is super late but I loved how they turned out so I figured I would share for those of you who like to plan for next year. I realize that Pillsbury cinnamon buns don't really count as as a recipe but they were too cute not to post and you could always substitute our real Tangerine Pistachio Sticky Buns for the store bought ones if you are feeling extra crafty in the kitchen


1 roll of cinnamon buns

green food coloring


Unroll each individual cinnamon bun so that it is a long strip of dough. Form the dough strip into a shamrock shape making 4 small loops and one tale (the stem). Pinch tightly together to ensure each roll keeps its shape and then bake in a glass baking dish as directed on the packaging.

When the buns are out of the oven mix food coloring and frosting in a Ziploc sandwich bag until the desired color has been achieved. Cut the corner of the bag and use it to pipe the icing out onto the hot buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment