Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cranberry Citrus Relish


There is ONE day until Thanksgiving! ONE. Good thing I have started my cooking ahead of time this year. I have been doing prep work all week and have several little gems (like this one) completed in hope that the actual day of will be almost stress free. Really, is there ever such a think as a stress free holiday?
This holiday staple has been on our family menu since I can remember. I love how deliciously tart the berries and citrus combination is. The hint of cinnamon and nutmeg is the perfect balance for this palate cleanser and the color is absolutely spectacular.  Seriously- doesn’t this look way better than that can of rings that we usually serve?




1 bag of cranberries, rinsed and picked through (remove all the ones with soft spots)
1 orange
1 lemon
1 C sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg

Shred or chop berries and citrus in a food processor or blender. Mix in cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar and allow marinating for at least an hour. I made mine yesterday to give the flavors plenty of time to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment