Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Pecan Crusted Sweet Potato Casserole


This decadent side dish has won a spot in the heart of my entire family. Whenever I make it for a crowd I am always asked for the recipe. It is simply sweet potato bliss. If you like the marshmallow version of candied yams then these are not for you but I promise that they are far superior to any other sweet potato I have ever tried… probably due to all the sugar and butter but hey, arnt the holidays for splurging anyway.


Pecan Crusted Sweet Potato Casserole  

3 sweet potatoes, baked
1 C sugar
1 stick of butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Topping:
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 C butter
1/3 C flour
1 C brown sugar

Skin the sweet potatoes and mix first five ingredients together. Pour into a baking dish and set aside. In a separate bowl mix the topping together and sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato mixture and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. DEVINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment