Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Old Bay Chicken - Crockpot



Katie here! Okay I'll say it about this meal - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!  I found a pin on Pinterest for the "Ultimate List of Slow Cooker Recipes" by the blogger Hodgepodge.  So I bit and found an Old Bay recipe for chicken. I'm originally from Maryland and well....I literally start drooling when Old Bay is mentioned. When I say that this was easy, it is an understatement!  We had the chicken as is, but I think it would also be tasty as a sandwich with maybe some coleslaw on it.  I typically purchase frozen organic boneless chicken thighs from Costco and keep them in the freezer for emergency dinners.  This recipe is great for a fix it and forget it dinner.  Below are my exact measurements for the recipe.

2 lbs of frozen boneless and skinless chicken thighs
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1/2 of a large onion, roughly chopped
2 tbsp of Old Bay seasoning

Throw all of the above ingredients in a slow cooker.  Toss to coat.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Shred chicken with fork once done.

No comments:

Post a Comment