Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Cinco de Mayo Baby Shower Reveal


My dear friends Shannon and Jerry are expecting their first baby next month and when they told me last fall that they were pregnant I just knew I had to throw them a baby shower. Little did I know that I would be in the middle of a move but lucky for me they are the sweetest, most chill couple ever so they didn’t mind at all that our house was a bit of a storage unit. Since most of our décor had been boxed up I decided to festive the place up with some disposable decorations that went with our theme. I made a couple of Mexican flag style table clothes, the star centerpiece I previously posted about and then my dear friend Holly (my co-host) also made some super cute confetti streamer flags. We tried to get a variety of colors in our decorations to make sure the party was both festive and gender neutral for their surprise baby!

Outdoor seating area


We kept things simple for food as well, serving up a MYO taco bar with chicken and pork options as well as a host of other fiesta favorites including JJ’s famous taco dip, Susan’s awesome taquitos and a series of other dips and sides. To wash it down we served virgin pomegranate margaritas, sangria and coronas which were a hit with the men.

"Mexican Flag" table cloth and the It's a Small World book for guests to leave a message to the baby in . 























One of my favorite elements of the shower was the copy of Its a Small World that we placed on a table with the desserts for guests to leave messages to the new baby. Hopefully one day he/she will read it and know just how much he/she is loved. I know it is a bit late but I thought I would post a couple of pictures of our cute décor so that you can think up some ideas for your next big fiesta!


No comments:

Post a Comment