Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Star Struck: Cinco de Mayo craft and decor

Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and I am a sucker for a holiday themed party so I am super excited to be preparing for a fiesta themed co-ed baby shower Ill be hosting that day! While I usually hate giving away surprises before the big reveal I decided to relax a bit and share the love. 
Festive DIY Star Centerpiece


I love event planning, choosing the menu, decor and all the details that go into giving each event that personal touch. A cute table arrangement is one of the easiest ways to jazz things up a bit and while the traditional route is to go with flowers I decided to go another way this time. I came across this super cute paper star tutorial while on Pinterest and thought they would make a perfect fiesta centerpiece. There is still more to come so stay tuned... but was super excited how they turned out so I had to give you a sneak peek.


I made several stars out of craft paper and glued them each to an extra long kabob skewer and stuck them all in a terracotta pot to bring in a natural southwestern feel to the whole thing. Each star took about 20 minutes to assemble so it is definitely a time consuming project but I do think I got faster and better as I figured the process out. I think they turned out super cute... hopefully everyone else does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment