Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Meatball Subs

Who doesn’t love a nice warm Italian style meatball sub? This is one of the best ways to use your extra meatballs in a new way.



Meatball Subs with Peppers (onions and cheese)

1 small baguette (I used a pretzel baguette)
Meatballs and sauce (enough to fill each sandwich)
bell peppers, sliced
onion, sliced
Cheese slices
EVOO

After our spaghetti and meatball dinner on Sunday I froze the leftover meatballs and tomato sauce in a quart size ziploc bag to make sure they would stay fresh. I threw them in a saucepan on medium heat to defrost waiting until the sauce was boiling and the balls had separated. While I was waiting I chopped up a handful of the peppers and a quarter of an onion and sauteed them in a pan with a little EVOO. I placed about half the balls on each sub, covered with peppers onions and cheese (only peppers for the hubs) and then drizzled a bit of the extra sauce across the top. I actually threw mine in the microwave for 15 seconds to help the cheese melt but the smarter way to do that would be to put it in the toaster oven. B got his share of meatballs, peppers and bread, he is really into deconstructed meals these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment