Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Handprint Art

When it comes to holidays and religion we probably fit best into the suma category. Some of this, some of that. My Japanese mother grew up in a Buddhist family, my mid-western father grew up in a Presbyterian household, I identify myself as Christian but I didn’t form that identity until I late in high school. To throw another ingredient in the mixing bowl of life I went ahead and married a wonderful man of eastern European Jewish descent and created a beautiful baby boy who is going to be one confused little cookie when he is asked to check boxes someday.


I tend to get myself in a tizzy trying to think of creative, crafty and yet not tacky ways to decorate my home for the holidays so I was super excited to try out my newest hand print art idea to represent the holidays that represent our family this time of year. They were both super easy, and fun and would make great family gifts “painted” onto cards, in frames or even on shirts for a loving (and not embarrassed grandparent) 



Behold, B’s tubby little hands (and finger tips) as a lit Hanukkah Menorah



and again, as a Christmas wreath. (this one did NOT photograph well)

No comments:

Post a Comment