Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kitchen Sink Cookies

I LOVE oatmeal cookies… actually I love cookies but oatmeal ones are definitely up there on my list. I am going to blame this cookie addiction on my husband and son. The Mr. has always been a big fan of the sweet stuff and ever since the pregnancy I have not been able to get enough baked goods in my stomach. So here I am, not much of a baker, but working on increasing the recipes in my box.
Kitchen Sink Cookies


These chewy oatmeal based cookies are just sweet enough to give my sweet tooth its fix without making me feel guilty. After all they contain oatmeal, cherries, walnuts, coconut and maybe a little dark chocolate. I personally think of all of these ingredients as health food and think so should you.


1 C Butter, soften
1 C packed brown sugar (I used dark)
½ C white sugar
2 eggs
1 C flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 C quick cook oats
½ C shaved coconut (no sugar added- I got it at WF)
1 C walnuts
1 C dried cherries
1 C dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven at 325. Cream butter and sugar together with a mixer and add eggs one at a time. In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt together and then add to the butter mixture. Next mix in quick oats, coconut, walnuts, cherries and chocolate chips one at a time. Drop tablespoons of the mixture on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 min and let them cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment