Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Brother the Ape at the Natural History Museum

We love the They Might Be Giants children’s music. B’s first album was Here Comes Science which features his jams My Brother the Ape and I am a Paleontologist. Since he loves his science, and running around so much we headed over to the Natural History Museum to show him science in action.

He really loved the large mammal room and being able to get up close to all the different animals but the dinosaurs and the ocean life were a close second. I loved having the space for him to run and showing him all the different interactive exhibit pieces. There were “fossils” to touch, electronic and mechanical exhibits to work and we even got his picture taken and then turned into a cave man (hilarious.) I was extremely nervous to take him around at such a young age but once we got there I realized it was the perfect place for us to cruise and learn. Since we are going to be looking for lots of indoor activities to keep us moving this winter I think next up on our museum tour will be the Air and Space or American History museum.

being a giraffe- they have long tounges

No comments:

Post a Comment