Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mini Veggie and Cheese Frittatas

Isn’t breakfast the most important meal of the day? These super easy, and perfectly portioned frittatas are a great way to get a protein and veggie packed meal in as you are dashing out the door or make a great post sleep over party brunch. I use to make a pan of these on Sundays when I was working out of the house so that I could have breakfast ready for the week. I might not be dashing off to beat traffic anymore but I should resume that old habit so I can dash off to chase little B down again.


The best part about these is they are super healthy and totally toddler friendly.





if you are wondering why one has a tooth pick in it. I had a dairy free guest so I made one sans cheese and marked it with a pick while baking.


Personal Veggie Frittatas
EVOO
Frozen hash browns, thawed
6 eggs
1 tbs milk
1.5 c chopped veggies of choice (I usually use a mix of peppers, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, summer squash and fresh herbs)
½ c shredded cheese
S&P

Rub muffin tins with EVOO. Cover the bottom of each tin with a layer of potato hash browns. Mix eggs, milk, S&P, cheese and veggies together and pour equal amounts of the mix into each muffin tin. Bake for 10-15 min at 350

No comments:

Post a Comment