Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Raw Kale Salad

My sister was the first one to make this super healthy and tasty treat. I had never eaten raw kale before but I found I really like it in this satisfying salad and I love that it is SOO darn nutritious.
The avocado dressing on this salad helps the rather tough raw kale to break down essentially cooking it without the heat. For my version I used purple kale because its pretty but you can feel free to use any type you want. In fact, if you are really scared of kale a good hearty curly leaf spinach would also do the trick.

Raw Kale Salad




1 head of kale shredded or chopped into bite size pieces
1 c grape tomatoes cut in half
1 avocado, ½ cut into chunks and the other ½ reserved for the dressing
2 tbs EVOO
½ lemon (juiced)
½ tsp sea salt
¼ sweet onion thinly sliced
In a large mixing bowl smash ½ avocado and mix with EVOO, lemon and salt to make the dressing. Mix in onion, tomato, avocado and kale and toss until everything is covered. If you like spice try adding ⅛ tsp of cayenne pepper to the dressing for an extra bit of bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment