Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Frosting Cupcakes: Probably the BEST FROSTING EVER


My dear friend Sarah has now become my go-to cupcake maker for all events. She has this way with frosting that makes me just jump for joy. While I have tried to re-create her delicious frosting several times I never seem to prefect the chocolate ratio the way she does but even my version is delicious.
Sarah's Famous Cupcakes

She tells me that her frosting is an adaptation of the Sprinkles vanilla frosting so I guess credit should really be given to them but to me it will always be Sarah's amazing frosting. So hats off to Sprinkles, Sarah and now of course all of you bakers out there who will be able to make cupcakes ALMOST as delicious as hers.

Chocolate Bar Frosting

2 sticks of butter
1/8 tsp salt
3 1/2 C confectioners sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp milk (or more if you need to thin the frosting)
1 shaved chocolate bar (Sarah swears by the 56% Icelandic bar found at Whole Foods and I totally agree, its a majorly delicious treat)

Beat butter & salt on medium until fluffy (about 2 minutes.) Reduce speed and gradually add sugar, beating until all the sugar is incorporated. Add vanilla, milk and chocolate shavings. 

This frosting is perfectly light and super delicious. It teeters the line between complete decadence and overindulgence. I have to admit that I have (on a couple occasions) licked the frosting bowl clean after frosting my cakes.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah used to make the most amazing brownies in college. I have searched for years for the recipe. Give it up Sarah! Lol.

    ReplyDelete