Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

"Share a Haircut" with a Child in Need

I know it has been a week since I have posted but sometimes life deals out extra cards and you need some time to shuffle them back into your deck to get playing again. The past couple of weeks have brought on tons of family fun with visits from my cousins and sister as well as a long overdue trip home to my beloved Charlottesville. While we were enjoying ourselves immensely it is time to get back to reality and start the gear up for both little B's 2nd birthday and the beginning of his first school year!

little B, prior to his first hair cut.
Last year we started a new family service tradition of making a donation to a cause close to our family every year on B's birthday as a way to give back to our community. Last year we donated 1 dollar for every guest to B's birthday party to the Virginia Hospital Center's breast feeding group, a group that helped both B and I so much during his first year together. While I am still toying with my short list for his birthday donation I do want to mention an awesome ways to give back to the community as the school year begins.

The Hair Cuttery’s Share a Haircut program is giving a free haircut to a local child in need for every kid’s haircut purchased between August 1st and 15th in area salons. It is also giving a free hair cut to a child in need for every "share" of their Share a Haircut page on Facebook. I think this is an awesome way to get your little one ready for the school year while helping out another child in need so head out to your local Hair Cuttery salon or share the “Share a Haircut” app on Facebook today to help another child start out the year looking their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment