Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Party Drinks


I wanted to have a couple of festive drinks for our party and lucky for me my good friend Sarah is a perfect hostess (and even better friend) so she lent me her super cute jars to serve them from. My two signature drinks for the day were a big hit! Both were super easy, refreshing and beautiful to look at so I thought I would share them with you.


White Sangria
I have been making this one for years. I actually think its closer to a wine spritzer but I call it sangria since it has fruit in it. I doubled this recipe for the big day and the whole thing was gone by the end of the party.

2 bottles of white wine
1 bottle sparkling water
½ can of frozen limeade
½ can frozen lemonade
Thinly sliced citrus fruit

 Belize Rum Punch
703 Daddy and I spent our honeymoon on the beaches of Belize with several cocktails in hand. One of our favorite pool side drinks was the delicious rum punch they served at the swim up bar.  I was super excited when I came across this recipe for Belize Rum Punch. I made a couple alterations to the original recipe but since it was a bit hit and every bit as delicious as the original I think its official that it will be made again.

½ gallon of OJ
1 can of frozen pineapple juice
3 limes, juiced
½ bottle of grenadine
1 C dark rum
2 c passion fruit rum
1 c coconut rum

Fruit for punch:
2 oranges
1 pineapple
2 limes

No comments:

Post a Comment