Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Grilled Mango

Mango Madness comes to an end with a spicy grilled mango. We have been experiencing some good grilling weather lately so I decided to fire it up again. I threw some sausages and veggies on there and figured that while I was at it we might as well try out a little extra sweet treat.
Spicy Grilled Mango and Veggies

The grilled mango was a perfect close to the meal, it got a slight crispy crust from the sugars and had a bit of a kick from the dash of cayenne pepper I added. I can imagine it would have been even better with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. I also think that it would be a super fun combo to add to veggie skewers in the future. I love the pop of color and the sweetness it would bring. Now I gotta get grilling again!

Peel the mango and slice the meat off the sead. Score the flesh and drizzle EVOO, balsamic vinegar and a dash of cayenne pepper on each slice. Grill until crispy around the edges and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment