Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spicy Mango and Coconut Salmon

Forget basketball, Mango Madness has begun! The Friday Find at WF last week was Champagne Mangos. A case of 18 were $12 which suddenly became a deal I just couldn't pass up. I may be having a bit of remorse about this decision now but I am determined to power through and use all 18 in a creative fashion.
My first mango madness meal is a spicy mango and coconut salmon which I served with a mango and arugula salad with mango vinaigrette. It was a lot of mango but all quite delicious so if you happen to enjoy this particular fruit give this sauce a try!





2 lbs Salmon
salt & pepper
dry unsweetened coconut
¼ c EVOO plus extra for fish
¼ c Cider vinegar

Mango sauce/dressing
2 ripe mangos
½ tsp Siracha
½ fresh lime, juiced
1 tbs chopped fresh ginger

Dressing
Add ¼ c EVOO and ¼ c cider vinegar to ½ c of the mango sauce and blend to make a dressing.

Preheat oven to 250. Blend sauce ingredients and set aside. Drizzle EVOO over the fish and season with salt and pepper. Cover with mango sauce and then a thick layer of coconut flakes. Save the remainder of the sauce for the dressing. Slow roast the salmon for 30 minutes. (You can easily grill, broil or pan cook the salmon to get a faster result, I just prefer slow roasted salmon.)

While the salmon is cooking peel and cut an additional mango and whatever salad veggies you like. I added cucumber, avocado, sweet peppers and tomatoes. Toss mango, veggies and arugula with the dressing.



A great bonus, I froze the extra sauce in ice cube trays so that I can have some ready for next time I need some mango in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment