Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pineapple Mango Salsa



MEM Pineapple Salsa Cups
I am getting pumped up for Cinco de Mayo... not only do I love Mexican food but I also happen to be hosting an extra special baby shower that day (more to come on that later.) So I have started testing out recipes for the big day and this one is definitely in the mix. This salsa is a tomato free version which crisp and refreshing for all day parties. The best part is this salsa is a copy-cat version of the pineapple salsa Mother Earth Meals served up to area bloggers at an event I went to at Alice & Louise Catering & Cooking School a few weeks ago and since MEM provide anti-cancer recipes you know you are eating something that is delicious and good for you!

Pineapple Mango Salsa

I love how vibrant the colors of this salsa are and of course just how yummy it tastes. The mint is an unusual addition but it really makes everything taste fresh and bonus, I happen to have a plethora of it in my garden right now!

2 ripe mangoes cubed
1/2 a ripe pineapple, cored and cubed
4 spring onions, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 lime, zested and juiced
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
2 tbs mint, chopped

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment