Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spinach and Mango Salad



I love salad and totally feel that every good dinner should start with one... sometimes those dinners end with them as well. This hearty salad is packed with color and flavor and boasts a delicious homemade spicy vinaigrette  that packs just enough punch to clear your sinuses which I am totally needing this allergy season.

Dressing
⅓ C Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
1 tbs Red wine vinegar
2 tbs light oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
⅛ tsp Cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste

Salad
1 Package of baby spinach
3-4 Red radishes, thinly sliced
1 Mango, diced
1 Avocado, diced
1 Bell pepper, diced
1 C green beans
4 slices of bacon (I used turkey bacon because I had it on hand)
2 C Chicken, cooked your favorite way (I used the leftover passover chicken)
¼ C parmesan cheese


I threw all the ingredients in a bowl and tossed with the dressing and then threw a couple pieces of that Trader Joe’s Panini bread in the toaster oven with EVOO and fresh garlic rubbed on it for a picture perfect and super easy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment