Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tropical Salmon Salad

When I was in college I worked at a little cafe. We served lunch and dinner and did a lot of catering on the side. One of my favorite salads that we offered was a salmon and fruit salad which featured cold poached salmon on a bed of greens surrounded by fresh fruit and veggies. We always served it with a super sweet poppy seed dressing which I thought was a bit much for me but to each their own.

Since I had a couple of servings of salmon left, not to mention the 15 mangos, I decided to give my own salmon and fruit salad a try. It turned out yummy and was a great way to get me to eat leftover fish which for some reason I can never bring myself to do.





Leftover mango salmon
Greens of choice (I used romaine and arugula)
1 avocado chopped
Grape tomatoes (about a handful)
1 mango chopped
goat cheese crumbles
almond slices (handful)

I used the leftover mango vinaigrette from the night before as a dressing and it still tasted just as yummy. I added a little S&P to the top as well. Little B ate the same thing I did just without the lettuce and nuts which made it feel like we were still having a family style meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment