Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Mango and Goat Cheese Panini


We made it through the Passover/Easter craze of a weekend and are now back to business. We had a packed weekend with trips to both sets of grandparents houses so that we got a chance to celebrate with everyone. I even made matzo ball soup for the first time ever (post to come) it got rave reviews so hopefully I did it justice. For now, you will have to survive with another of my mango madness posts... but trust me, its a good one. I give you the Mango and Goat Cheese Panini!
Mango and Goat Cheese Panini
Seriously, where have these been all my life. In my neverending quest to complete my mango madness I stumbled upon this delicious and super easy sandwich.This is a combination I have had on a salad a billion times before so it bewilders me that I have never thought to heat it up until now. I love how the tangy rich goat cheese acts as the perfect complement to the super sweet mango and how it all melts in your mouth. Since I am a sucker for all things made in a panini press this is just up my alley.

Panini bread (Trader Joe's has great panini bread that I freeze and pull out as needed)
4 oz of goat cheese
thinly sliced mango
Salt and pepper
EVOO (better known as Extra Virgin Olive Oil)



Brush two pieces of panini bread with EVOO. Evenly spread the goat cheese across the inside of both slices. Place sliced mango on top of one of the pieces of bread, lightly salt and pepper it and then close the sandwich. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on a hot grill or panini press.



Writing this post makes me want another one right now!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment