Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chicken Broccoli and Cheese Sandwiches


These days little B is really into “helping” mommy whenever he gets the chance. Whatever I am doing my little shadow wants to be right there to help. He wants to vacuum with me, fold laundry with me and of course cook with me. So now I am constantly trying to come up with new ways he can help out in the kitchen without making a HUGE mess for me to clean up later. These sandwiches are the perfect child friendly meal to make with your kids because there is a lot of assembling they can help with. It really was exciting to see how proud of himself he was when he got to serve daddy the dinner that he made.





3 C diced cooked chicken (I used leftovers from our baked chicken the night before)
3 C chopped broccoli (I used frozen)
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
Ranch dressing
1 loaf of Italian bread

Cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise and scoop a bit of the middle out. Drizzle ranch dressing over the bread and then sprinkle chicken and broccoli over it. Top with cheese and heat in oven until cheese has melted. If you have your chicken cooked ahead of time this dinner can be ready in 15 minutes from start to finish (or 30 with the need for extra toppings if you have a 2 year old assemble).

No comments:

Post a Comment