Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Caesar Chicken Sandwiches


I am a huge fan of caesar salads. In college I use to grill chicken on my George Forman and open one of those deadly Caesar light bags and go to town. It is also obvious by now that I have a love affair with my crock pot and shredded meat so when I saw this super easy recipe for Caesar chicken sandwiches I just new I had to give it a try. My mommy friends at playgroup gave it rave reviews so considering how simple and versatile this meat is I am 100% sure Ill be making it again.

2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken (I used thighs)
1 C chicken stock
2 C Caesar dressing
Buns
Romaine lettuce, shredded or torn
Parmesan cheese 

Cook chicken and stock in a crock pot on low for 5 hours or until you can shred through it easily with a fork. (I did this part overnight with the timer set for 5 hours) Spoon out extra stock and shred the meat. Mix the dressing into the shredded meat and serve.
I served the chicken on a buffet with sandwich buns, wraps, grated cheese and lettuce. If there had been any leftovers I can imagine serving it over a bed of lettuce for a little variation on day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment