Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Suprise! It's a baby sprinkle for TWO!

In another life I think I would have been a party planner. I love flower arranging, making crafts and obviously menu planning. The thing is, I would HATE working weekends so for now Ill have to manufacture my own events to throw. Lucky for me I have quite a large number of preggos for friends so I get to have fun on a regular basis. For those of you who have not been introduced to the "sprinkle" its a mini shower that helps get mommies ready for baby number two, three, four etc. that usually focuses on more functional gifts. Ours focused on the most functional of all.. stocking our mamas up with DIAPERS!



Yesterday, our play group had the honor of helping to celebrate two for two! Two of our favorite families are expecting little ladies this summer so we broke out all things girly and partied down. Since I have showers on my mind I thought I would share a few of my favorite party planning tips and tricks (and of course a few pictures as well)

The Menu (Items will be featured later this week)
The menu for any event totally sets the mood. I wanted a super girly and playful pink set up so I tried to incorporate as many pops of pink/red as possible in the menu items while still keeping the food preggo and baby friendly.
Tea Sandwiches: 
* Bacon and Chive Egg Salad
* Chive and Cucumber
* Sarah's Chicken Salad
 Sides:
Scape Pesto with Zoo Pasta and Tomatoes
Melon and Mozzarella Tray
Corn and Watermelon Salad (featured last week)
Leek Dip with Chips
 Desserts:
Brownies
Cookies
Sarah's FAMOUS cupcakes
 Drinks:
Watermelon Agua Fresca
 
Flower and Flag Making:
I love DIY decor, especially when it comes to party planning. I think it just adds a bit of a personal touch. My two super easy projects for this party were a simple pennant banner and a hand full of tissue paper flowers. The projects took a couple of hours (in front of the tv) and under $10 to complete so I think its a win win.

Pennant Banner: I made a triangle template using an extra piece of card stock and traced the pattern onto 4 pieces of double sided craft paper I purchased from Michael's. I cut out each triangle and punched two holes in the top corners of each so that I could string the ribbon through them to hang. It is a super simple craft that can be done while watching your favorite show before bed but totally takes a step up from the traditional streamers.
Tissue Flowers: For these I purchased two packs of pink/pattern/white tissue paper from the dollar section at Target and a pack of pipe cleaners. I used three pieces of tissue for each flower. You simply stack the tissue paper and then fold them like an accordion. Wrap a pipe cleaner tightly around the center of the folded paper and then fan each piece of tissue back out until it is fluffy. If you want a little extra something you can cut the edges of the tissue while it is in the accordion fold  so that they are rounded or come to a point. If you want an even easier way to get the same effect you can usually purchase a Martha Stewart pom pom kit which you just have to fluff from Michaels.

  Flowers: Who doesn't like fresh flowers! I love them even more when they come straight from the garden. I always try to fill up my vases with a mix of store bought and home grown blooms to keep that natural feel. I also try to choose larger blossoms in the same color and almost always display them in a fun and functional mason jar! 




No comments:

Post a Comment