Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Watermelon Salad


When I was pregnant there was nothing I craved more than fresh fruit. When summer hit and I was big as a house (little B was born at the beginning of August) and the heat began to roll in I probably ate my weight in watermelon which was a big feat considering how large and in charge I was by the end.
Even though I usually ate chunks the tasty treat by the bowl I did have a couple of favorite watermelon recipes on hand which I promise to share throughout the summer. For now, I have to feature this DELICIOUSLY refreshing watermelon salad shared by one of my favorite play group mamas the other day. The mix of lime and basil in the dressing really brings out the sweetness in the melon and had me craving more like I was 8 months pregnant again. 


Mixed salad greens
Watermelon, cut into bite sized chunks
Goat or Feta cheese crumbles

Basil Lime Dressing
2 Limes, zested and juiced
1/3 C EVOO
Basil, finely chopped
S&P to taste
Mix or emulsify all dressing ingredients together. Toss salad ingredients in dressing and serve. 

Note **This salad would make an excellent bed for a beautiful piece of grilled fish, shrimp or scallops.

No comments:

Post a Comment