Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Corn and Watermelon Salad


My eyes are always bigger than my stomach so it never fails that post BBQ I have several ears of grilled corn laying around. This is actually a blessing in disguise because I LOVE to mix freshly cut corn into pastas, salads and other sides. Since it also happens to be one of my favorite summertime sides be ready to see many a corn containing recipe over the next few months.
Cold salads always scream summer to me and I can’t wait to dig into this one again. It is a yummy mix of some of the summers sweetest treats paired with creamy fresh mozzarella and tart lime to really set off the flavors. With all the bright pops of color, this dish is the perfect addition to a pool side party or a back yard bbq. Serve it up and you will definitely be the talk of the town! 

4 Cups of Watermelon
2 Cups of corn cut off the cob
2 C grape tomatoes, sliced
1 C of fresh mozzarella cut into bite sized chunks
1 Green onion, chopped
½ C Fresh basil, chopped
1 lime, zested and juice
2 tbs EVOO
S&P 

Chop the first four ingredients into bite size pieces and place in a large serving bowl. Finely chop green onion and basil and sprinkle over the salad. In another small bowl, mix lime, oil, salt and pepper (if you like spice I add a bit of fresh chopped jalapeno as well.) Once it is mixed, pour over salad, toss to incorporate the dressing and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment