Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Zucchini Burger


We got more zucchini in our CSA box this week so I decided to try to make a zucchini burger out of squash and beans for veggie night. I based the recipe off of my usual falafel recipe and incorporated shredded zucchini into the bean mixture. While I thought the result was quite tasty little B did not want to touch them. He ate a full patty if I put the chunks into his mouth but he was not a fan of the squishy texture in his hand. I guess you win some and you lose some. 

 
1 Can Chick Peas
1 C whole wheat bread crumbs
1 zucchini grated
1 small red onion, grated
1 clove of garlic
1 egg, lightly whisks
1 tsp salt
¼ c EVOO plus extra for pan

Place the chick peas and garlic in a food processor and blend until slightly smoother than chunky. Switch the attachment to the grater and grate zucchini and onion into the same bowl. Pour mixture into a large bowl and incorporate other ingredients. Make small slider sized patties and set aside. Oil a frying pan and pan fry each of the patties until crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment