Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A bit of September sick day blues


Ch-ch-ch-changes is what September was supposed to bring. I had beautiful pictures painted in my head of little B skipping off to his first day of school, bringing a new found freedom for us both and of course quickly eliminating my laundry list of home projects I have been anxious to get on for the last four months. Yet here I am, the night before school starts, with a croupy kid who will miss his first week and a mommy brain full of anxiety over his late introduction and arrival to the classroom. I was supposed to co-op the first day… I was going to be the mom who got to be there to see it all and now Ill be turning him over a week late and a mommy short come next Tuesday. How will we ever survive?
B and I at his "Meet the Teacher" day


I had totally planned to write a super cute post about healthy snack options and first day of school traditions with photos from our super fun first day but of course even the best laid plans can even be foiled.
Preschool or BUST!

Gone is the chance to photo op B and his bestie Milo (who will be attending school together) on their first day. Gone is the chance to share that first day with him. Let’s not even mention my fridge, full of super cute little rainbow fruit cups that I made as a snack for the kiddos or my plans to make a big special breakfast for lunch (since B will be attending a PM program) as a way to honor his first day of school. I know its silly, and he will start when he starts and maybe that day will be just as perfect as the one I had in my head. For now Ill be happy with the fact that B appears to be sleeping a lot easier tonight after a reintroduction to his old friend the nebulizer. Hopefully that means we will join the land of the living soon again.  Hugs to all our new friends starting school this week, I’m sad we won’t be with you quite yet but I guess you can always say we are saving the best kid for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment