Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BBQ Base Lasagna



Comfort meals continue with this post so break out your elastic waist pants. Oh yes, I feel like a bear preparing for winter these days with the lbs I am packing on… too bad I canceled that gym membership, it looks like I could probably use it. Lasagna is one of those things that just takes time, boiling the noodles, browning the meat and then all that assembling and baking. I really like this one because I was able to do the prep work ahead of time and then just throw it in the oven before my guests came over for dinner. I really like the time saving no boil noodles but I will say that the top layer ends up a little crispy so if you don’t like your noodles Al dente I would suggest going with the old school noodles.

3 C of the BBQ base
1 jar of pasta sauce
2 C Ricotta cheese
1 egg
Chopped parsley
1 box frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
1 box of no boil noodles (I used Delallo Whole Wheat noodles)
1 bag of mozzarella cheese
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
S&P

Mix ricotta, egg, parsley and spinach together in a bowl. In a baking dish layer sauce, pasta, ricotta mixture, meat mixture and then mozzarella and Parmesan mixture. Repeat layers until the dish is filled to the top. Layer sauce and a thick layer of Parmesan across the top layer of noodles and either refrigerate, covered, until you are ready to bake or bake immediately at 450 for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment