Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sweet Potato Chicken Chili


After making my chicken, bean and sweet potato burritos, I had a boat load of extra filler laying around. I knew I wanted to re-purpose the items to make a new and exciting meal so I headed over to the internets to do some research. I finally decided on a sweet and savory chicken chili, and man was it a good call.
Sweet Potato Chicken Chili

This recipe is a mix of a couple of other chicken or pumpkin chili recipes I found. Since I had the sweet potatoes already made I figured I would just go with what I had replacing the pumpkin with my mashed sweet potato and bean mixture. I have to say I LOVE how it turned out. The hubs said he didnt think it was “chili” but still agreed that it was damn good.

1 bone in chicken breast, meat shredded off
3 cups of mashed sweet potato/kidney bean mixture (from chicken, bean and sweet potato burrito recipe)
1 can black beans
1 sweet potato, chopped into bite size chunks
1 onion, chopped
1 tbs EVOO
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 c frozen corn (I used trader joes fire roasted corn)
2 c chicken broth
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
1 tsp oregano

I just threw it all in the crock pot and cooked it on low for an hour but since everything except the onion and sweet potato are cooked you could definitely just cook it on the stove until the potatoes are soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment