Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Sweet Potato Broccoli Bites

When little B first started eating finger foods these little gems were cooked up on a regular basis. Since we have recently had a bout of an eating strike (I think thanks to sickies, teeth and lets face it, temperament) I thought I would go back to basics for a few weeks to see what I could get him to try again. While the first night was a success, with 4 bites successfully consumed, all future attempts were like watching Custer’s last stand. I guess you win some, you loose some.

The recipe makes about 2 dozen bites so feel free to cut it in half the first time you make it (something I should have done this time.)

2 small baked or boiled sweet potatoes, skin removed
½ bag of frozen broccoli, defrosted
1 egg
½ C shredded cheese, cheddar, parm, whatever you like
¼ C + 1 C binder, this could be bread crumbs but I use infant cereal to boost the iron


Place all ingredients except for the additional 1 C of binder in a food processor and pulse until the broccoli is chopped and the ingredients are mixed. Pour 1 C of binder onto a dry work surface. Make small balls of the mixture with your hands and then roll them in the binder to form a crust. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes flipping once during the cooking process.

No comments:

Post a Comment