Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Charged Blueberry Muffins

I have decided that I am going to make a serious effort to attempt to bake more. My preference would be once a week but we will see if that happens. For this weeks baking project I decided to take on an awesome healthy muffin recipe I found on joythebaker.com. Her Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce muffins really excited me because
A. I purchased 3 pints of organic blueberries when they were on sale and B promptly decided he didnt like them anymore.
B. They look super yummy
C. They look super healthy.

I of course made my typical couple of changes and think the recipe really turned out delicious!  So without further introduction: Super Charged Blueberry Muffins


1 c whole wheat flour
¼ c almond flour (the original recipe called for 1 ¼ c whole wheat)
1 c quick oatmeal
¼ c coconut (unsweetened)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1 c unsweetened applesauce
½ c whole milk yogurt (I used brown cow maple)
½ c packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 pint blueberries

Preheat to 375. Put liners or grease the tins. Combine flours, oats, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl combine applesauce, yogurt, sugar and egg. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir until moist. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups and bake for 16-18 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment