Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fix it and Forget it Pork Tacos


First Guest Blogger Post!! Please give a warm 703 Mommy and Me welcome to Katie, a damn good cook, rocking mom and hilarious friend. I am sure you are going to love her post as much as mine… I know I sure enjoyed eating it!
This meal is so easy and great for a fix it and forget it weekend meal. We typically make this on football Sundays, but it is tasty all year round and DELICIOUS! My 18 mos Son devoured it. The prep is very easy and takes literally minutes. Don’t be afraid of the jalapenos in the recipe, they give a nice warmth to the tacos. The last time I made it I took it down to one large jalapeno since my son was going to be eating the meal.
2 to 2 ½ lbs boneless pork shoulder (I’ve use boneless anything of pork before)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
½ c apricot jam
2 jalapenos, sliced and seeded
1 red onion, chopped
Packet of small tortillas
Fresh cilantro chopped
Lime cut into wedges
Heat oven to 300. Place 2 large sheets of aluminum foil on a rimmed baking sheet, one atop of the other. Place pork in center. Cover with salt, pepper and cumin. Spread jam onto all sides of pork. Spread the onion and jalapenos around the edges of the pork. Fold foil around the pork and crimp edges to slightly seal. Roast for 4 hours. Unwrap pork and put in serving dish. Shred with a fork and then cover with juices from the foil. Serve on tortillas with cilantro and lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment