Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Black Bean and Avocado Salsa

Salsa and Quesadilla

We are a Tex-Mex junkie type of family. Tacos, burritos and quesadillas galore. They are family friendly, there are endless possibilities for fillings and they are super quick and tasty! Since we have been enjoying the not so winter weather the past few weeks I have been spending less time in the kitchen getting those post-nap park dates in.

One of my go-to quesadillas is the standard black and white. Black beans, monetary jack or white cheddar. To add a little color to the meal I topped the quesadilla with a vibrant salsa that is full of both color and flavor.
Black Bean and Avocado Salsa


½ can Black Beans (other half reserved for quesadillas)
1 C grape tomatoes chopped
1 C corn (I use the trader joes fire roasted which is delicious and adds a great smoky flavor)
1 avocado chopped
½ red pepper chopped
3 scallions, chopped
1 tbs EVOO
1 tsp cumin
½ lime, juiced
½ tsp salt
I usually add ¼ c cilantro to this but I didn't have any on hand.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment