Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Best Breakfast Casserole EVER

My dear friend Gaylen celebrated her birthday this past weekend with a lovely afternoon of pot-luck brunch and conversation at her home. We had so much fun chatting and chewing away that the afternoon passed right before my eyes. A big thanks to my mamma for taking care of little B while Daddy and I hit the town for birthday festivities! 
Loaded Breakfast Casserole 


Since we were spending the morning with our Realtor preparing to put our home on the market I needed to make sure my contribution to this event could be made  the night before. This breakfast casserole is my go-to brunch recipe for a crowd and can be assembled or even cooked the night before so of course this is what I went with.

1 loaf of cinnamon raisin bread (I use the Vermont Co wholewheat version available at Whole Foods)
1 dozen eggs
1 C whole milk
1 package of bacon
1 package of breakfast sausage
1 16 oz package of shredded cheddar
pepper

Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Cook the bacon in your normal fashion and crumble into bits. Cook sausage in a skillet and crumble. Cut or break loaf of bread into small bite sized pieces. In a large bowl scramble eggs, milk and pepper. Add ½ of the cheese, cooked meats and bread pieces making sure the mixture is even. Pour into a baking dish and top with the remainder of the cheese. You can either bake immediately or refrigerate overnight and cook in the morning. Bake for an hour at 400 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment