Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Thighs and Red Sauce

I really like one stop cooking when it comes to the crockpot. And until I get that fancy crockpot where you can brown using the insert, my quest for throw it in the pot and forget it crockpot recipes continues. This recipe was so EASY! And tasty too. This recipe was taken from the Cooking Light Slower Cooker recipe book. All you have to do is boil some noodles 15 minutes before serving and you're done. I've also started buying prepackaged frozen organic chicken thighs from Costco. I put the chicken in the fridge 24 hours before cooking to defrost. The ingredients in this recipe could be items you easily already have in your kitchen cabinet. Next time I prepare this I'm planning on adding some canned mushrooms as well.

12 chicken thighs (approx 3lbs) skinned
1 (14.5 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (6oz) can tomato paste
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tbs minced garlic (recipe calls for bottled, I used raw)
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Place chicken into crockpot. Put in remaining ingredients in bowl and stir well. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook at HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW and cook for 4-5 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment