Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cupcake Wars: Baked and Wired wins it every time

I know there is a lot of talk about the cupcake wars here in DC. Everyone has their favorites with Georgetown Cupcake always seeming to come up on the top but in my opinion Baked and Wired totally takes the cake! I use to work right down the street from this wonderfully delicious baked good haven... its no wonder that I packed on a couple of extra lbs during my pregnancy... at least the trek was up hill. 
Baked and Wired Strawberry Cupcake


If you love cupcakes and have never checked Baked and Wired out, you should. Not only are their cupcakes super moist and delicious they are also covered from edge to edge with a super sweet butter cream frosting that completely makes the cake. The secret here is their unique cupcake wrapping. The use of parchment paper cup instead of a traditional cupcake holder allows the frosting to thickly arch from edge to edge in a perfect fashion. This is now how I think all cupcakes should come. I love these things so much its just wrong. 
Baked and Wired also serve many other delicious lunch items and baked goods and run a full service coffee bar. It is a quirky shop on Thomas Jefferson St in Georgetown, right next to the canal. So with the week we are having I encourage you to take a trip down to the waterfront and set yourself up with a cupcake picnic and enjoy the weather! 

Lucky for me, two of my besties (you know, the kind of friends who just know you too well) gave this mama a super sweet birthday surprise. I must say I HATE surprises, its that type A, must be in control, planner part of me that just makes me anxious but I absolutely melted over this one. My perfect Sunday afternoon was brought to a close when they showed up with a hand delivered half dozen assorted cupcakes complete with party hats, horns and balloons. Even more exciting was the news that our other dear friend (who called in) is expecting! The whole thing totally made my day and I was shocked that the hubs was able to keep it a complete secret! Thank you ladies for making me feel so special. It was just the pick me up I needed after a long weekend of house hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment