Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Graffiato by Mike Isabella: Restaurant Review

Crispy brussel sprouts
I am a total Top Chef junkie. In fact, every season I think I want to put together a top chef bracket and yet I never do. Since we are in the middle of the biggest purchase of our lives (single family home here we come) I didn’t feel like going all out for my birthday this year. Instead we hit up Graffiato for a lovely meal and then took a walk around Chinatown. We considered sticking it out to see the pachyderm parade but since I am old now I decided my bed was much more appealing.

I am really glad we got a chance to check this place out. The food was delicious and just the right amount of quirky for my taste. We had several small plates and the Jersey Shore Pizza (a pizza with fried calamari on top) and I topped my meal off with a draft pour of Prosecco. I then decided that I need to have a Prosecco tap in my next house. My favorite dish by far were the maple brussel sprouts with coriander yogurt and hard boiled egg. I think I could have eaten them for the rest of my life. Along with that we had the flat bread with pepperoni sauce (I had to try the sauce), the hanger steak with crispy polenta and the crispy potato gnocchi. I had never had crispy gnocchi before and I definitely cant wait to try to make it at home.

I left feeling fat, happy and a little bit tipsy so Id say it was a successful dinner. If my lack of pictures says anything its that I enjoyed the food just a little too much. Please enjoy the photo courtesy of The Bethesda Foodie. If you are in the Chinatown area and looking for a fun date night or ladies night out establishment I would definitely recommend giving this place a try. While there were a decent number of children there I am not sure I would really call it “family friendly” so I might say leave the kids at home for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment