Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spicy Apricot Chicken Thighs

Spicy Apricot Chicken with Orzo Salad
I have two missions on my mind right now.
1. Kitchen Clean Out
2. Grilling

The first mission is one of necessity, I do not want to have to pack any extra boxes so I am defrosting, opening cans and popping bottles left and right. While I LOVE using fresh items in my cooking I have found that it is just as important to have a well stocked pantry so this might just take me some time. The second is out of desire... I just can't wait for summer!

Today I tried a dish that rid me of the last of my capers as well as some apricot jam, honey and tons of spices. Not to mention the plethora of lemons I am still trying to work through.

⅓ C lemon juice
⅓ C apricot jam
1 tbs honey
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbs capers
⅓ c cilantro
1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs

In a large gallon bag mix lemon juice, honey, apricot preserves and spices together. Stir in capers and cilantro. Trim extra fat from the thighs and place them in the bag. Make sure chicken is fully coated with marinade. Refrigerate for 24 hours turning occasionally. I actually froze my thighs after refrigerating for 24 hours (due to last min dinner plans) and when I defrosted them for tonight they were delicious. BONUS!

Preheat grill and cook for 4 min on each side or until chicken registers 165 on an thermometer.


The chicken was super tasty. I think I might reserve some of the marinade next time to baste or poor over the chicken but make no mistake, I am definitely making this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment