Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Goat Cheese and Chive Egg Salad

Spring has sprung here in DC so I am ready to bust out some of my most favorite spring recipes. Fresh herbs, peas, lettuces, everything that is green and delicate is a must. Since we are getting ready for the big move, I am not planting an early garden this year which leaves me with only a variety of fresh herbs to play with. Chives are a great way to brighten up a meal but I will warn you they spread quickly so if you are planting them in a garden be sure to POT them first and then plant the pot so that they do not over run you. Back to the food...
Goat Cheese and Chive Egg Salad
Egg salad is one of those lunchtime treats that I just adore. It reminds me of Easter and spring and everything else that is of the season. This particular egg salad has an extra touch of spring with our two other main ingredients. 1. Fresh Chives- they are abundant in the garden already 2. Goat Cheese- when we were kids we use to visit our friends who owned a dairy goat farm every spring to feed the baby goats. Now I always associate the creamy milk and cheese with this time of year. This is a super simple way to jazz up your traditional egg salad to make it just a little more fun. 6 hard boiled eggs 4 oz creamy goat cheese 3-4 tbs mayo 2 tsp chopped fresh chives Salt and Pepper to taste If I am making a sandwich I tend to make my egg salad chunkier than if I am making something like tea sandwiches. If you want a chunky salad simply chop the whole eggs and place in a bowl. If you are looking for a finer consistency it works better to remove the egg whites and dice them without the yoke. Mix the yoke, goat cheese and mayo together in a bowl and incorporate the egg whites. Stir in all remaining ingredients and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment