Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Diary Free Oatmeal Pancakes

I love Pancakes and since I have a diary allergy it kills me that I can't eat them out. So I've created this recipe to fill my cravings. You can take out the fruit and the pancakes will still be delicious. My Son devours them and with the fruit you don't even need syrup. I usually freeze the leftovers and feed my Son the rest of the pancakes through out the week. Just heat up the pancakes in a toaster.
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup soy yogurt (if you don't have soy yogurt you can substitute this for almond milk or soy milk)
3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ripe banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
Earth Balance or Vegan Smart Balance spread (Note: Not all Smart Balance spreads are diary free. Be sure to use the vegan spread)
Combine the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the yogurt, milk, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Combine the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mash the banana with a fork in a small bowl. Combine into mix until banana is evenly distributed. Fold in the frozen blueberries (making sure not to break up. Will prevent blue pancakes). Dab a tsp of the butter substitute on a griddle warmed to medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup amounts on griddle. Flip when bubbles are through out the mix. Cook until center is solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment