Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing

I found a recipe for poppy seed chicken salad on the food network website and totally couldn’t get it out of my mind. After a week of mulling it over in my head I finally decided to give it a try. The result was a perfect spring salad that boasting sweet but tangy flavors and protein packed meal into one. I switched out the dried fruit for fresh just because I like to use fresh whenever possible. I do however LOVE apricot chicken salad so I am sure it would be delicious the other way too. 
Poppy Seed Chicken Salad


1 to 1 ½ lbs cooked chicken (I used the leftovers from a whole bird I roasted off earlier in the week)
1 clementine, tangerine or other small citrus
¼ C mayo
¼ C greek yogurt
1 tbs dijon mustard
1 stalk celery, chopped
¼ C chopped pecans or almonds
Chopped chives, small handfull
1 tbs poppy seeds
fresh ground pepper
½ C chopped strawberries

Mix mayo, yogurt, mustard and zest and juice from the citrus together in a small bowl. Add other ingredients and toss until completely covered. Serve or refrigerate immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment