Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Ben’s Trash Bash: The Big Birthday Reveal


 Take out the recycling. Take out the trash. Its time for Ben's second birthday bash!
For weeks now I have been working on decorations for B’s big 2nd birthday party. Once I wrapped my head around his requested theme I don’t know which one of us was more excited for the big day. It was definitely a lot of work but I will say we did save a boat load on decoration costs thanks to some creative thinking and a little lot of elbow grease. Lucky for me there happen to be a handful of other creative moms left their ideas on the internet, and for them I am greatly appreciative.
back lighting makes for bad pictures: Clockwise starting on left: Table Centerpiece, Mantel decorations and family slideshow (through flicker on apple tv), full table set up

We all had the best time celebrating with family and friends. The weather was perfect (although the yard was a big buggy for some) and the food and beverages were flowing. B received unlimited juice box privileges for the day, loved the worms on his cupcake and even managed to scarf down a bite or two of other food between his play. He mingled his way through the party exclaiming several time “best birfday eva” at the top of his lungs which leads me to believe that it was a success. Playtime included yard and water play as well as an appearance by our neighbors bounce house (Thanks Nicky and Peter). It truly was an awesome day so hopefully the pictures do it justice. 

Clockwise: re-purposed boxes as flags, re-purposed box garland, Happy Birthday banner, recycled paper party hats, newspaper pom poms, separate your recyclables: plastic caps, corks and bottle caps as decorations, frond door signage "Birthdays Stink & I'm Another Year Odor", plastic bottle garlands for the stairs.

Junk Food to the MAX!: Trashy trail mix and chip boxes, trash can utensils, pile o' dirt cake and cupcakes, litter bug lemonade, food & drink table signage

Some of my favorite party details include the signage, designed by our friend Anand, the cardboard box trash truck my father in-law and I worked on and the super cute trash can party favors.  Tutorials on specific items to come! While I created almost all the items seen on this post for the party, many of the ideas were borrowed from others. Check out the list of inspiration blog posts below for more trashy ideas to make your next garbage bash a smash!


 Blogs to be credited for all the trashy ideas: Picture Perfect Party Co, Hostess with the Mostess, Cakes likes a Party

No comments:

Post a Comment