Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Farmers Market Salmon


This slow roasted salmon dish is so beautifully simple that it makes my mouth water. The vine ripe summer tomatoes, and fresh spring onions that line the salmon in the dish give all the flavor you need which is why I have dubbed it Farmers Market salmon because it really is the fresh produce that bring all the amazing flavor. My sister actually cooked this dish for my mom’s 65th birthday dinner last week and the serving dish was definitely scraped bone dry. I can’t wait to try it again with some of the beautiful fresh produce we keep getting from Great Country Farms.

1.5 lbs Wild salmon
1 lb of fresh vine ripe tomatoes, quartered. The dish gets most of its flavor from these beauties so make sure you choose wisely
1 bunch of spring onions, Cut in half lengthwise
¼ C chopped fresh dill
EVOO
S&P

Season the fish with S&P and then drizzle EVOO over. Toss the tomatoes and onions in oil, s&p and then arrange them around the edge of the salmon. Cook at 325 for 25-30 min. I know I have talked about how amazing slow roasted salmon is before so I wont regurgitate my love for it. Instead I will say that if you have never tried slow roasting salmon before you should. It really does produce a perfectly tender fish. Garnish with dill and serve hot or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment