Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Vegetable Tart


I shared a version of this recipe that Mom Machine makes a while ago. It is one of my favorites and I happened to be planning to make it the next night anyway, so I figured I would share my version of it as well. Always a corner cutter, I hated the fact that I had to bake three separate times so I ended up adapting the process to cut the prep down a bit. I like that it tastes delicious hot or cold and that it is a beautiful way to showcase all those amazing summer vegetables I keep getting in my CSA crate.

 1 Pie crust
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 large zucchini, sliced
3/4 C part-skim ricotta
½ C chive and garlic cream cheese
1 C fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp dried parsley
S&P
Goat Cheese crumbles

Preheat the oven to 375. Mix the cheese, herbs, S&P together in a small bowl. Roll out the pie crust in a tart or pie pan. Cover the bottom with a layer of the herb and cheese mixture. Cover mixture with a layer of tomatoes and then a layer of zucchini. Sprinkle S&P and then add another layer of cheese, tomatoes and zucchini. Continue this process until the pie crust is filled to the top. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the tart from the oven and sprinkle with goat cheese. Return the dish, uncovered to the oven and cook for 10 more minutes or until the crust is browned, cheese is melted and the vegetables look crisped on the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment