Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwich


I recently hosted a play date for one of my friends who is moving out of town and since she is a wing fanatic I thought I would try out a “ladies lunch” kind of chicken wing so I took a stab at a buffalo chicken salad sandwich. I thought they turned out well with a lot of flavor but I wish that it had not been quite as dry. I am guessing I could have fixed this issue by adding mayonnaise instead of Greek yogurt since the fat content would have been higher but for a “healthy” take on wings it was good.

1 lb chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 tbs hot sauce
¼ C blue cheese crumbles
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
½ C greek yogurt
½ Lemon, juiced

Mix hot sauce, cheese, shallot, yogurt and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Add shredded chicken and celery and mix until completely incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to serve. I served mine on croissants or whole wheat wraps with lettuce, tomatoes and a drizzle of the Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing which is awesome because it is both low calorie and low carb!

No comments:

Post a Comment