Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Watermelon, Watercress and Feta Salad


Here comes yet another delicious twist on the watermelon salad. I love the bitterness the watercress brings to this salad as well as the color contrast. While I served it in a large bowl for a buffet style meal this time I have also served the feta sprinkled over chunks of watermelon laid out on a bed of watercress for a bit of a more contemporary effect. Its absolutely delicious either way and since its so simple I cant help but include it in my list of delicious recipes.

1 whole seedless watermelon, cut into one inch cubes
2 large bunches of watercress, washed and dried
1-2 cups Feta, crumbled
Dressing:
¼ C EVOO
1 lime, juiced, zested
S&P

Toss the ingredients of the salad together and pour dressing over the top. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment